1. Tacos are my happy place.
2. I used to write a newsletter called The Rabbit Hole.
3. I love quirky socks but rarely wear them.
4. I make the perfect club sandwich.
5. When people ask me how I sleep at night, I answer, “medical marijuana.”
6. My favorite TV show is The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel.
7. I can’t drive anymore.
8. I draw Zentangles to deal with stress.
9. My first Cabbage Patch doll was named Barbie Julina.
10. I crave Kraft Dinner when I am depressed.
11. My first blog, and my first 100 Things post, was on AOL Journals.
12. I’m trying hard not to make any of these things about brain cancer.
13. I think I just failed.
14. I’ve stopped caring about my physical appearance for self-preservation and rarely look in mirrors anymore.
15. Sometimes I forget to check for boogers before I leave the house.
16. My favorite holiday is Thanksgiving.
17. I have lived in two states and five cities.
18. I started this list five weeks ago.
19. My idea of hell is paying money to travel by plane.
20. I name house plants.
21. I frequently dream that my teeth are falling out.
22. I like to play video games on XBox, but I am generally very bad at it.
23. My favorite games are Fallout 4, Skyrim, and State of Decay 2.
24. I prefer unloading a dishwasher to loading one.
25. As of this writing, I have had 17 brain MRIs.
26. My favorite cover of any song ever is this one.
27. The last time I drove a car in real life was May 30, 2015.
28. I miss it.
29. My first attempt at college—immediately after high school—was a complete failure.
30. I didn’t go back full-time until I was 26.
31. I majored in English.
32. I am legally growing marijuana in my house.
33. I get migraines a lot.
34. I can tell one is coming when I see squiggly lines in my vision and I can’t read.
35. The squiggle is almost always followed by one of my arms going numb for a little while.
36. It’s usually the left arm, but sometimes it’s my right one.
37. During one particularly bad migraine, I could barely talk.
38. When I was little, I thought the lyrics were, “Help me Rhonda, yeah, get around in my car.”
39. I am a dog person.
40. I lived in an apartment that didn’t allow pets for a couple of years and it nearly broke me.
41. I have a small collection of Deadpool memorabilia that includes a Funko, a Funko keychain, a doll, and a bathrobe.
42. I have a public Amazon wishlist because people are always asking me how they can help.
43. I am a Spoonie.
44. I collect literal spoons.
45. This is totally a coincidence.
46. The first movie I remember seeing in the theater is Willow.
47. My parents thought about naming me Kristen.
48. My fictional character personality triptych includes Anne Shirley, Daria Morgendorffer, and Louise Belcher.
49. I cannot stand the smell of vinegar.
50. I like to do crossword puzzles.
51. The first thing I do when I return home from anywhere is put on pajamas.
52. I sleep with a weighted blanket and it has changed my life!
53. I’m a picky eater but am not generally offended by what other people like to eat. HOWEVER comma if you put elbow macaroni in your chili we cannot be best friends.
54. Logging into Facebook makes me literally, physically ill.
55. I think Burger King’s cheesy tots are superior to McDonald’s fries, and I am willing to fight you over it.
56. If I could have dinner with any person tonight—past, present, or future—I’d pick Dan.
57. I regularly have to remind myself that I am not bad at saving money, I am just poor.
58. I saw Marie Osmond in the Sound of Music circa 1994.
59. I experienced paralyzing night terrors for the week I tried gabapentin.
60. My biggest regret in life so far is taking a job I knew I’d hate for an extra $15,000 a year.
61. I am allergic to sulfa drugs.
62. The older I get, the more liberal I get. A conservative told me the opposite would happen.
63. I have never been inside an IKEA.
64. In fourth grade all my friends were listening to NKOTB. I was listening to Simon & Garfunkel.
65. Lemon ginger tea is my favorite.
66. I frequently get too exhausted to sit up.
67. I grew up in a town of about 7,000 people.
68. My first real job was working for a photographer at the mall.
69. I didn’t know I could write well until one of my professors told me so and then encouraged me to become a writing tutor my junior year of college.
70. I am all for abolishing the Electoral College.
71. My two internships at IUPUI were with Indiana Women Work and Central Indiana Jobs with Justice.
72. In 2018 I sent 251 postcards to voters.
73. I once had my picture taken with the Klement’s sausages at Al’s Run in Milwaukee.
74. In approximately forty years, I have lived in 5 homes, 3 apartments, and 1 condo.
75. When I was young, I thought being introverted was a personality flaw.
76. I bought my dog a toy sloth and named it Cole. Cole Sloth. Get it?
77. I have two older brothers.
78. I like to watch Japanese cooking videos on YouTube.
79. I am a backyard birder.
80. My favorite food is ice cream.
81. I haven’t been to a movie theater in over 7 years.
82. I have the same birthday as my husband’s twin’s wife.
83. I’m an INFJ.
84. My first car was a 1994 Pontiac Grand Am.
85. I want to see the Pacific Ocean IRL.
86. I can name all of Santa’s reindeer.
87. In fourth grade, I intentionally misspelled a word and took second place in our school spelling bee so I wouldn’t have to move on to the regional one.
88. I still haven’t told my parents that.
89. My favorite cartoon is Bob’s Burgers.
90. I’ve survived two tornados.
91. I am better at asking for help than I used to be.
92. I hate talking on the phone.
94. My pet peeve is being told I should be polite, not angry, when addressing someone who is causing me harm.
95. I live every day of my life on the edge of catastrophic breakdown. So yes, when something small goes wrong it’s a BFD. When something major goes wrong, my brain starts shutting down to protect itself.
96. I left the heavier stuff for the end because I don’t think anyone will read this far.
97. Sometimes I wonder who will live longer, me or my dog.
98. When I’m in a bad mood, I sometimes read Pat Robertson quotes for a laugh. Like this gem: “The feminist agenda is not about equal rights for women. It is about a socialist, anti-family political movement that encourages women to leave their husbands, kill their children, practice witchcraft, destroy capitalism and become lesbians.”
99. I am not brave for living life with cancer; I have no choice. I am brave for having dumped two different men who threatened suicide if I left them.
100. My favorite place to eat breakfast is Waffle House.