Repost from Facebook in case you don’t get updates there:
1. We are home from another 6-week checkup at Siteman Cancer Center in St. Louis.
2. My platelets are up from 51 last week to 64 this week. So they’re finally climbing again instead of tanking.
3. My platelet count has to reach 100 before I can take next my chemo round, but the oncologist sent me home with the pills and told me they’ll call me when my weekly labs reach the magic number. In the meantime I just wait.
4. If my platelets had dropped under 50 at any point, they’d have lowered my chemo dose. The nurse chuckled when I told her they were 51 last week. (It’s like I’m getting the highest possible dose without going over.)
5. The oncologist wants me to get with my primary doctor here in Urbana to set up a standing order for IV fluids. That way I can get them before it becomes an ER situation and keep beds open for people who need more than a couple bags of saline.
That’s all I got for now.